Culture Counts: Leveraging Technology to Improve Employee Satisfaction
When it comes to the restaurant industry, from dine-in to quick service and everything in between, there’s one universal truth: A business is only as good as its people. This has never been more true, as the industry continues to struggle with labor shortages and high turnover rates. While higher wages, better benefits, and sign-on bonuses may help mitigate some of the strain, restaurant operators will be wise to invest time and resources into the intangible factors that keep good employees engaged–the restaurant’s culture.
A recent survey, which polled 800 US workers in the food and restaurant industry, found that nearly one in four restaurant workers plans to leave the service industry in the next year. While pay was predictable listed as a key reason in this decision, several other tougher-to-measure factors emerged, including burnout, stress, and general unhappiness.
Technology can play a key part in managing employees’ stress level. QSR Automations’ revolutionary ConnectSmart® platform offers practical solutions to alleviate the biggest headaches felt by service workers, from the back of house, all the way to the hostess stand and beyond.
- Cut waste and help reduce margin of error by utilizing tagging capabilities to label items that have been prepped or bagged for orders.
- Bin Management is a product projection and forecasting module that can be added onto ConnectSmart® Kitchen. This helps restaurants increase their speed of service by reminding team members what to cook, when to cook it, and how much to make of each item while tracking usage to maintain product quality.
- Friction between front-of-house and back-of-house staff is reduced with ConnectSmart® Kitchen’s order accuracy and delivery timing capabilities. Fewer guest complaints makes everyone’s shift run more smoothly.
- The ConnectSmart® Recipe function ensures even the newest employees can execute at a high level, without leaning on more seasoned employees to train, correct, or pick up the slack.
- Keep servers from becoming overburdened by too many guests with the intuitive ConnectSmart® Host feature, which provides the front-of-house with a clear view of restaurant capacity and accurate wait times to help them seat guests seamlessly.
- With access to real-time restaurant analytics, you can react on the fly and view historical data to identify trends in your restaurant. This data provides your diners and delivery and online ordering partners to-the-minute order status updates.
- ConnectSmart® Host can provide users with immediate status of every table in the restaurant. Knowing when tables are dirty and need to be tended to or when they have cleared and are ready for the next guest greatly reduces the amount of time that tables sit empty, thereby increasing sales through more table turns. These time savings in conjunction with reduced kitchen ticket times can really impact the number of guests a restaurant can serve during a busy shift.
Implementing technology like the ConnectSmart® Platform can help minimize employee turnover and ensure consistent process to combat disruption. Streamlined practices create fewer hurdles, which results in happier employees, a prepared kitchen, and satisfied guests.
Want to learn more about how QSR Automations’ innovative technology can improve employee satisfaction in your restaurant? Talk with a specialist at email@example.com or (855)980-7328.
Subscribe to the blog for more interesting restaurant content!
About the Author
As Marketing Coordinator for QSR Automations, Alexa Glass is establishing her roots in the world of Marketing. After interning for months with QSR Automations, she assumed her full-time position upon her college graduation. Alexa has a Bachelor of Arts in Design Arts Technology and Business Administration from Bellarmine University in Louisville, KY. When she is not designing and formatting for QSR, you can find her drawing, listening to music, and playing with her dogs, Chonk and Buck.